Authorized Investment Providers
Employees may supplement retirement by enrolling in any of the annuity plans (403b and 457 Plans) offered through the North Attleborough Public Schools and Town Government. All employees may access 457 accounts, however only employees who participate in teacher's retirement may additionally enroll in 403b accounts. Enrollment is these plans must be done through a financial investment agent.
457 (SMART) Plan Information
The Massachusetts Deferred Compensation SMART Plan (“SMART Plan”) is a tax deferred retirement savings plan that is offered to state employees, as well as to the employees of any political subdivision that chooses to adopt the plan. The mission of the SMART Plan is to help Massachusetts public employees save and invest for a financially secure retirement. The SMART Plan’s other objectives are:
- to educate Massachusetts public employees about the importance of saving and investing for retirement.
- to educate participants about how to invest, so that they can develop an appropriate long-term investment plan.
- to offer a broad array of quality investment options.
- to provide accurate, timely, and efficient plan administration, including clear, helpful communication with participants; and
- to minimize the administrative and investment management costs to participants.
Vito DeSimone is a dedicated Retirement Plan Advisor with the Massachusetts Deferred Compensation 457(b) SMART Plan, offered through the Office of the State Treasurer and Receiver General. He has worked on the Massachusetts SMART plan for over 8 years. He is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP), a Certified Retirement Councilor (CRC) and holds a master’s degree in public accountancy with a concentration in Financial Planning. In addition, he holds multiple industry regulated licenses: Series 65, 63, and 6.
457B Plan information can be obtained through Commonwealth of MA SMART PLAN 1-877-457-1900
403B Plan Information
Only employees who participate in teacher's retirement may additionally enroll in 403b accounts. Enrollment is these plans must be done through a financial investment agent. The Town utilizes the TSA Consulting Group to manage enrollments and coordination of the authorized investment providers.
Current 403b Annuity Companies approved by the Town Treasurer's Office include:
- Ameriprise Financial
- AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company
- Fidelity Investments
- Franklin Templeton Funds
- Great American-Annuity Investors Life
- Horace Mann Insurance Company
- Lincoln Investment Planning, Inc.
- Mass Mutual Life Insurace Company
- Metropolitan Life Insurance Company
- Oppenheimer Funds
- PFS Investments (Primerica)
- Putnam Funds
- Reliastar Life Insurance Co.