In 1804 what then the town of Attleborough gave its school districts authority to raise money and build schools. District Number 1, located in what is now the section of North Attleborough called "Oldtown," was the first to do so in 1805. The second Oldtown School House was built in 1832. It remained in use as late as 1938. This one-room school building is now owned by the First Congregational Church and is located across the street from the church. The Oldtown School House has been added to the National Register of Historic Places.