The church was organized in 1712 in what is now the section of North Attleborough called "Oldtown." The church building that now stands at 675 Old Post Road was built in 1828 and was the third meetinghouse used by Oldtown Congregationalists. It is still in use today.
Each year over 400 students from local elementary schools come to Oldtown for a "living history lesson," and tour the church and the one-room schoolhouse across the street. Both the church and the schoolhouse have been added to the National Register of Historic Places.