Commission on Disability
The North Attleborough Commission on Disability thanks the Downtown Associates of North Attleborough (DANA) for their kind invitation to have a presence at the Annual Strawberry Festival held on June 15, 2019, held in front ot Town Hall.
Welcome to the Commission on Disability Web Page, residents who would like more information on the subject of enabling residents with disabilities, and on various commission initiatives, are welcome to attend the Commission's monthly meetings, on the second Thursday of every month at noon (noon) in the Lower Conference Room in the Town Hall at 43 South Washington Street
The North Attleborough Commission on Disability is committed to the civil rights and full and equal participation of all people with disabilities in all aspects of life, fostering dignity and self-determination for residents with disabilities of North Attleborough It is our goal: To remove all barriers and raise awareness through education and collaboration, and to help influence, in an advisory capacity, public policy in accordance with Federal and State guidelines.
Who We Are, Adopted November 2018
In response to the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), we were established in 2000 to assist with compliance in North Attleborough. We are a team of residents who have volunteered to take on this responsibility through appointment by the Board of Selectmen. Members are either persons with disabilities or closely tied to individuals with disabilities. Meetings are held on the second Thursday of every month at noon in the Lower Conference Room of Town Hall.
Persons needing more information on enabling residents with disabilities or on the Commission's initiatives are welcome to join us.
We are always looking for new members committed to the work we do. If membership on the Commission interests you, please call Town Hall at 508-699-0100 or send email via our website above.
What We Do
- Advise and assist municipal officials in ensuring compliance with federal and state disability laws
- Review policies and activities of municipal departments and boards as they affect persons with disabilities
- Provide information, referral, advocacy and technical assistance to individuals, businesses and organizations in all matters pertaining to disability.
- Collaborate with the activities of other groups organized to meet needs of persons with disabilities.
For More Information
- A number of useful links may be found on this site.
Statewide information can be found at: The Massachusetts Office on Disability