- Fire Department
- Work for NAFD
Work for NAFD
The North Attleboro Fire Department is a highly motivated 63-person fire department operating out of three fire stations serving a population of 30,800 and responding to over 5,000 calls for service each year. Our department operates 2 Fire Engines, 1 Ladder Truck, 2 Paramedic Ambulances and a Shift Commander vehicle daily and is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment. Salary varies from $65,167.92-$80,824.49 based on steps and incentives. Overtime opportunities daily.
- Respond to reported emergencies on a fire apparatus or ambulance.
- Rescue people endangered by fire and other hazards.
- Perform fire extinguishment under adverse fire conditions, salvage, and overhaul.
- Provide Emergency Medical care and transport to sick and injured.
- Perform fire inspection duties.
- Participate in physical and strenuous activities.
- Participate in firefighter tactics and training activities.
- Maintain all pertinent fire and emergency medical services certifications.
- Maintain fire stations.
- Be available to work rotating shifts, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Must possess an Emergency Medical Technician License/Paramedic Preferred.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Must possess a valid CPR Certification
- Must Possess a valid Advanced Life Support Certification if a certified Paramedic.
- Must be tobacco free for entire length of employment.
- Must live within 30 miles of the North Attleboro Town Line within a reasonable timeline set forth by the Chief of Department.
- Must complete and pass an Emergency Medical Services General Knowledge Test.
- Must complete an approved Fire Recruit Training Academy within the time frame set by the Chief of Department.
- EMT’s must become a Certified Paramedic within a timeframe set forth by the Chief of Department.
- Pass a CORI Background Check
- Pass a Medical Physical and Psychological exam.
- Successful Completion of the HRD Physical Abilities Test (PAT)
- Successfully complete a one-year Probationary Period
- Paramedic License with ACLS and PALS Certifications
- 911 Experience.
- Firefighter 1 and 2 Pro Board Certification.
- Associate degree or Higher in Fire Science or related Public Safety Field
HOW TO APPLY
Resume, Cover Letters shall be delivered to 50 Elm Street North Attleboro, MA 02760.
Deadline to submit: June 1, 2023.